Psalm 139:13-14 – “For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvellous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.”
There are certain times when we tend to compare ourselves with others. We have to be reminded that God created us wonderfully in a unique way in our mother’s womb. We are His workmanship (Ephesians 2:10). To live on this earth is His blessing and His plan in our life.
We are special to God because:
- God created us in His own image (Gen. 1:27).
- The very hairs of our head are numbered and we are more valuable than a whole flock of sparrows (Luke 12:7).
- We are the apple of His eye (Zech. 2:8).
- God hides us under the shadow of His wings (Ps. 91:4).
- God has engraved us in the palm of His hands (Isa. 49:16).
- God has already made plans for us to prosper, to give us hope and a future (Jer. 29:11).
- God knew us even before we were formed in our mother’s womb (Jer. 1:4-5).
- God knows our thoughts even when we are far away (Ps. 139:2-4).
- God will go before us. He will not leave us nor forsake us (Deut. 31:8). Even if our parents forsake us, God will not (Ps. 27:10).
So we can be assured that we are indeed His marvellous creation and give thanks to Him continually. Even when we go through different storms in our life, God takes care of us and is always in control.