Read: Lamentations 3:22-24
People make and break promises. But God’s promises never fail. God’s promises are given to us through His Word, the Bible. His promises are new every morning and great is God’s faithfulness to answer our prayers (Lam. 3:22-23).
God’s promises are many which include:
- God has promised us that “He will supply all our needs according to His riches in glory by Jesus Christ” (Phil. 4:19). Our needs are food, clothing, shelter, protection, etc. God’s riches are unfathomable and He can definitely meet our needs.
- God has promised that His grace is sufficient for us. (2 Cor. 12:9). He has made provision for our salvation by His grace through faith.
- God has promised that His children will not be overtaken with temptation. He assures us that a way of escape will be provided (1 Cor. 10:13). Darius, King of the Medes, said to Daniel, “Your God, whom you serve continually, He will deliver you” (Dan. 6:16). God delivered Daniel from the den of lions.
- God has promised us victory over death. Paul wrote to the Corinthians: “For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures” (1 Cor. 15:3, 4).
- God has promised that all things work together for good to those who love and serve Him faithfully (Rom. 8:28). In God’s timing, He will answer our needs.
- God has promised that those who believe in Jesus and are baptized for the forgiveness of sins will be saved (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38).
- God has promised His people eternal life, if they believe in His Son Jesus Christ (John 10:27, 28).
God is always faithful and His promises will never fail. If we abide in Him, He will make His promises come to pass in our life.