Just recently, I had come up against being distracted and losing my focus. I took my eyes of my helper and onto my circumstances, and before you knew it, I was overwhelmed, fearful, stressed, and worried. If you have found yourself losing focus lately, let me share with you what has helped me.
When we get distracted and begin to look at the problems around us we need to FOCUS on Jesus.
Filter out all the distractions
Obtain victory through casting down all negative and defeated thoughts
Connect to God ASAP; don’t wait until you feel like it
Utilize your time better; instead of worrying and looking at your problems, pray
Surrender all your fears, anxieties, and worries immediately and constantly.
When we lose focus everything becomes blurry. To realign your “sight” you need to FOCUS.
Ways we lose our FOCUS:
- Taking our eyes off Jesus and onto our problems and circumstances.
- Agreeing with what the enemy shows us or is telling us. The enemy magnifies our problems.
- Getting overwhelmed by other people’s problems and issues.
- Trying to follow the crowd, the world, instead of Jesus’ ways.
- Carrying burdens that are too heavy to carry, and trying to solve and figure out our problems and our loved ones problems.
When you lose focus, you lose perspective. The Christian life involves hard work; it requires us to give up whatever endangers our relationship with Christ, to run patiently, and to struggle against sin with the power of the Holy Spirit. To live effectively for Christ we must keep our eyes on Jesus. We will stumble if we look away from Him to stare at ourselves or at our circumstances.
Looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith… Hebrews 12:2, NKJV